Μαραθωνοδρόμος

Μαραθωνοδρόμος

Monday, January 21, 2013

Bliss

A beautiful sunny January day for a shirtless run! I was off from work today and went out around noon without any mileage or goal in mind. I headed west on Indian River Rd and got to Providence Park to run a few loops when my wife called and asked if I wanted Subway as she was getting off work and was going to get some for her. I said "sure and bring it to the park so that we can eat on the benches in the sun"... So she did. It was a beautiful day for an instant picnic.
Random thoughts:
·     I ran the last 3 miles shirtless... in January! I was wearing shorts and a long sleeve sweat top... No shirt under it... so when I got too hot I tossed the top. People may have thought I was crazy as it was still windy and 60s despite the sun. Cathy wasn't surprised when she saw me though...
·     I was trying a couple of new things today; I tried to run with 2 pairs of socks to see if it would help my PF ... It didn't and made my shoes too tight. I stopped and took one pair off after just one mile.
·     I tried the new iPod nano 6th gen with the clip. Did not really like it. I am used to controlling the iPod with the wheel without looking by just putting my hand in my pocket. You cannot do that with a touch screen iPod.
·     I had a veggie patty flatbread and it was great. My wife has turned into a vegetarian Jan 1, so she discovered this option at the subway near town center. Not all subways have this option
·     The park parking lot and the bathrooms were locked. People had to park in the surrounding areas… seriously? Is it because it was MLK day and a holiday? Do parks now operate during office hours and close on weekends and holidays? … and why was the gate to parking lot locked? What could anyone do to the parking lot? Steal what? When we left we realized that the parking lot for Woodstock Park was also locked.
·   I just realized that the last 2 miles were the fastest at 10:15 pace... I was working on form and trying to avoid heal striking... it could have also been faster because I had a lighter load without the hoodie ;) <Strava link>

No comments:

Post a Comment